I. License Grant
1) The University hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license (“License”) to view case studies published by the GW Sustainability Collaborative (“Materials”). You may use the Materials to:
A. reproduce and Share the Materials, in whole or in part, for Non-Commercial purposes only; and
B. produce and reproduce, but not Share, Adapted Materials for Non-Commercial purposes only.
2) Nothing in this License constitutes or may be construed as permission to assert or imply that You are, or that Your use of the Licensed Material is, connected with, or sponsored, endorsed, or granted official status by, the Licensor or others designated to receive attribution.
3) Moral rights, such as the right of integrity, are not licensed under this License, nor are publicity, privacy, and/or other similar personality rights; however, to the extent possible, the Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any such rights held by the Licensor to the limited extent necessary to allow You to exercise the Licensed Rights, but not otherwise.
4) Patent and trademark rights are not licensed under this License.
5) To the extent possible, the Licensor waives any right to collect royalties from You for the exercise of the Licensed Rights, whether directly or through a collecting society under any voluntary or waivable statutory or compulsory licensing scheme. In all other cases the Licensor expressly reserves any right to collect such royalties, including when the Licensed Material is used other than for Non-Commercial purposes.
II. License Conditions
1) Your exercise of the Licensed Rights is expressly made subject to the following conditions:
A. Attribution. If You Share the Licensed Material, You must:
i. identify the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any others designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the Licensor;
ii. indicate if You modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of any previous modifications; and
iii. indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this License, and include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, this License.
B. You do not have permission under this License to Share Adapted Material.
C. You may satisfy the Attribution conditions in this License in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context in which You Share the Licensed Material. For example, it may be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URL or hyperlink to a resource that includes the required information.
D. If requested by the Licensor, You must remove any of the information required by Licensor to the extent reasonably practicable.
III. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
1) Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor, to the extent possible, the Licensor offers the Licensed Material as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. This includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of errors, whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in part, this disclaimer may not apply to You.
2) To the extent possible, in no event will the Licensor be liable to You on any legal theory (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this License or use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full or in part, this limitation may not apply to You.
3) The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in a manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all liability.
IV. Term and Termination
1) This License applies for the term of the Copyright and Similar Rights licensed here. However, if You fail to comply with this License, then Your rights under this License terminate automatically.
2) Where Your right to use the Licensed Material has terminated under this Section, it reinstates:
A. automatically as of the date the violation is cured, provided it is cured within thirty (30) days of Your discovery of the violation; or
B. upon express reinstatement by the Licensor.
3) For the avoidance of doubt, this Section does not affect any right the Licensor may have to seek remedies for Your violations of this License.
4) For the avoidance of doubt, the Licensor may also offer the Licensed Material under separate terms or conditions or stop distributing the Licensed Material at any time; however, doing so will not terminate this License.
V. Other Terms and Conditions
1) The Licensor shall not be bound by any additional or different terms or conditions communicated by You unless expressly agreed to in writing.
2) Any arrangements, understandings, or agreements regarding the Licensed Material not stated herein are separate from and independent of the terms and conditions of this License.
1) For the avoidance of doubt, this License does not, and shall not be interpreted to, reduce, limit, restrict, or impose conditions on any use of the Licensed Material that could lawfully be made without permission under this License.
2) To the extent possible, if any provision of this License is deemed unenforceable, it shall be automatically reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. If the provision cannot be reformed, it shall be severed from this License without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
3) No term or condition of this License will be waived and no failure to comply consented to unless expressly agreed to by the Licensor.
4) Nothing in this License constitutes or may be interpreted as a limitation upon, or waiver of, any privileges and immunities that apply to the Licensor or You, including from the legal processes of any jurisdiction or authority.
1) Adapted Material means material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights that is derived from or based upon the Licensed Material and in which the Licensed Material is translated, altered, arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in a manner requiring permission under the Copyright and Similar Rights held by the Licensor. For purposes of this License, where the Licensed Material is a musical work, performance, or sound recording, Adapted Material is always produced where the Licensed Material is synched in timed relation with a moving image.
2) Copyright and Similar Rights means copyright and/or similar rights closely related to copyright including, without limitation, performance, broadcast, and sound recording, without regard to how the rights are labeled or categorized.
3) Effective Technological Measures means those measures that, in the absence of proper authority, may not be circumvented under laws fulfilling obligations under Article 11 of the WIPO Copyright Treaty adopted on December 20, 1996, and/or similar international agreements.
4) Exceptions and Limitations means fair use, fair dealing, and/or any other exception or limitation to Copyright and Similar Rights that applies to Your use of the Licensed Material.
5) Licensed Material means the artistic or literary work, database, or other material to which the Licensor applied this License.
6) Licensed Rights means the rights granted to You subject to the terms and conditions of this License, which are limited to all Copyright and Similar Rights that apply to Your use of the Licensed Material and that the Licensor has authority to license.
7) Licensor means the individual(s) or entity(ies) granting rights under this License.
8) Non-Commercial means not primarily intended for or directed towards commercial advantage or monetary compensation. For purposes of this License, the exchange of the Licensed Material for other material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights by digital file-sharing or similar means is Non-Commercial provided there is no payment of monetary compensation in connection with the exchange.
9) Share means to provide material to the public by any means or process that requires permission under the Licensed Rights, such as reproduction, public display, public performance, distribution, dissemination, communication, or importation, and to make material available to the public including in ways that members of the public may access the material from a place and at a time individually chosen by them.
10) You means the individual or entity exercising the Licensed Rights under this License. Your has a corresponding meaning.
1922 F Street NW
Washington, D.C. 20052